A Peculiar God
Do you think God tells people to do foolish and inappropriate things?
What if God asked you to:
1) Build an ark on dry land, when it has never rained? Genesis 6:14
2)Kill your son?
3) Put the blood of a lamb on your doorpost so your child won’t die?
4) Hold up your hands as long as it takes for Israel’s army to win a war?
5) Put your sins on the head of a goat and turn him loose in a wilderness?
6) March around a walled city 7 times, blowing a horn, so that the walls will fall down?
7) Cut down the number of men in your army to a handful, so you can defeat the vast army of your enemy?
8) Choose one of three ways for Him to kill the people who trust you, as a punishment for your own disobedience?
1 Chronicles 21:12
9) Eat grass like an ox for 7 years?
10) Wash in a muddy creek 7 times, in order to cure your leprosy?
2 Kings 5:1-19
11) Shake the dust off your feet if people won’t receive you?
12) Drink gold?
13) Pass around a basket with 5 fish, to feed 5000 people?
Matthew 14: 15-20
14) Walk on water?
15) Marry a prostitute?
16) Spend a year’s tithe on a party for yourself, buying yourself whatever your soul lusts after, including strong drink?
17) Walk around naked for three years?
18) Lay on your side for more than a year?
Ezekiel 4: 4,5
19) Cook your food over human excrement?
20) Cut off your foreskin to show that you love God?
21) Not look back or He would turn you into salt?
Can you think of a time when God asked you to do something foolish or inappropriate?
Did you do it? What was the result?